A Level 2 Insight Professional Development Course for People Who Work with People
mindfulness in practice | part a
Current research shows that the practical application of neuroscience and mindfulness principles in therapy enhances positive psychological change and growth. The data is so compelling; we can no longer ignore it. Our approach, Insight Focused NeuroTherapy (IFnT), employs the findings of neuroscience, mindfulness and compassion research. IFnT provides the necessary components and processes needed to utilise the brains innate capacity to change at a structural and functional level.
The course covers:
- Neuroscience of the brain
- Mindful acceptance, kindness and compassion that calms reactivity and down-regulates anxiety
- ‘Open mind-space’ – a perspective that allows us to see beyond the automated patterns of behaviour
- Polyvagal Theory – utilising the vagus nerve to calm the brain, incorporating Porges ‘neuroception of safety’
- Social Constructivism and the development of neurological structures in the brain
- Epigenetics – environmental impact on gene expression (inherited or present experience)
- Neural reconfiguration and integration (Coherence Theory)
- Positivity Theory – Softening the defenses, Broaden and Build, ‘micro moments of love’ by Barbara Fredrickson
- Clean Language – therapeutic language by David Grove
- ‘Wheel of Awareness’- adapted from Dr Dan Siegel’s work
- ‘Emergence’ – Complexity Theory
who should attend
We have tailored this course to those who work in people-helping professions, and those who wish to enhance their personal growth and development. Ideally, participants will have completed a Level 1 Insight course and want to take their mindfulness training to the next level.
With the ever increasing demands and expectations on us, techniques that care for body and mind are essential to help us thrive.
what you can expect
During the 6 months, the team at Insight will share the latest research, strategies and best practice to leverage the power of our brain to change. This course is packed with practical tools and exercises so that you get to apply what you have learned for yourself and the ones you care for.
- Course notes, reference reading
- Supervised group session
- Copy of our book ‘From Distress to De-stress’
We provide a stimulating environment where you are able to be curious, explore and learn. Come and join us to discover the principles of neurological restructuring.
1 Saturday afternoon per month, for 6 months
4 hours from 1 – 5pm
Includes afternoon tea
The Brick Barn, 83 Ivanhoe Road, Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand
Day One The Science of the Brain
Day Two Mindfulness + Awareness + Focused Attention
Day Three Polyvagal Theory + Relationships + Attachment
Day Four Clean Language + Neurological Restructuring and Consolidation
Day Five Pathways to Change and New Growth + Fear Reduction and Softening of the Defences.
Day Six Application + Integration
$190 + GST per person per day
bring a paying friend and get 10% your course fee
Payment plans available
I’m wanting to attend this course as part of my professional development programme. Do you provide any proof of attendance or certificate of completion that I can provide to my employers?